Thank you for thinking of the Fort Collins
Habitat for Humanity ReStore!
We are a fundraising enterprise for Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity. Our primary mission is to create affordable homeownership opportunities in partnership with hard-working individuals and families within our community.
Please understand that we reserve the right to refuse any items that we deem unsafe or unsellable.
The following information is meant to serve as a general guide for donors. Acceptable items are subject to change due to current inventory and space limitations. It is recommended that donors call before bringing their items to donate.
If you have questions about making a donation or to schedule a pick‐up, please contact Cindy Armitage, Donations Coordinator, by e‐mail at email@example.com
or by phone at 970-488-2703.
APPLIANCES – Must be clean, complete, and in working order
- Appliances must have all knobs, trays, burners, shelves, mounting hardware, etc
- Small Appliances accepted: coffee makers, blenders, toasters, etc.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be working and require a $25 fee at drop off
- Water heaters, dishwashers, and other water-related appliances must be less than three years old with manufacturer EPA compliance data provided
- We do not accept: built‐in ovens, gas dryers, over stove microwaves or older range hoods
- There is a $25 fee for any appliance pickup (Up to 4 appliances)
FURNITURE – We accept most furniture items
- All furniture must be free of rips, tears, cracks, stains, pet damage, smoke odor, and general wear spots
- Must be in good condition overall and need no repair
- Acceptable donations include: bedframes, lamps, dressers, side tables, cedar or wood chests, etc.
- Bedframes must be in good condition overall and need no repair
- We do not accept: cribs or bassinets, detached/single dresser drawers, waterbeds, bookcase headboards, hospital beds, water beds, or box springs & mattresses
- Donations may include tables, chairs, china cabinets,
- Donations may include lamps, bookshelves, couches/sofas, loveseats, sectionals, chairs, entertainment centers, etc.
- We are unable to accept donations of pianos of any size
- State law does not allow us to accept: car seats, cribs or bassinets
- Changing tables without moving parts are acceptable
- We do not accept commercial desks, office chairs or file cabinets
- We are unable to accept desks larger than five feet wide
CABINETS & COUNTERTOPS
- Must include all drawers
- Must be free of rot and in usable condition
- We do not accept: cabinet drawers by themselves
- Exterior and interior doors accepted
- Must be in good condition
- Must not have rot, cracks or separation
- Sliding glass doors must be NEW
- Hollow‐core doors accepted on an as-needed basis (call first)
ELECTRONICS & ELECTRICAL FIXTURES
- We accept flat‐screen televisions, coffee makers, toaster ovens, space heaters, house fans, air conditioners, CD and DVD players
- We accept electrical parts, lights, wire and hardware associated with electrical wiring
- We accept working light fixtures on a case‐by‐case basis
- We accept modern light fixtures that are clean and without rust
- We do not accept: florescent light fixtures or bulbs, CFL bulbs, cannister lights, track lights, CRT TVs, TV consoles, TVs without a remote, large screen box TVs, computers or printers
- We accept hardware for doors, cabinets, lumber etc.
- Must be in good condition and with no rust or sun damage.
- Must be separated by type and style
LUMBER, PLYWOOD, SIDING, TRIM
- We accept only half sheets or larger of plywood
- Lumber must be in lengths of six feet or longer
- Trim must be in lengths of seven feet or longer
- Must be free of rot, nails, and screws
- We accept only full rolls of insulation in the packaging
- We do not accept: loose fiberglass insulation or drywall
PLUMBING & FIXTURES
- We accept all new and unused copper, PVC & ABS fittings
- We only accept WHITE tubs, toilets, and sinks.
- All fixtures must comply with current lead-free standards and must be labeled accordingly (Meaning 4 years or newer)
- We only accept new bathtubs and claw‐foot style bathtubs on an as-needed basis (call first)
- Must be clean no chips or rust stains
- We do not accept: Jacuzzis, jetted tubs or whirlpool tubs, cast iron tubs (unless claw-foot at manager’s discretion)
- All faucets must be 2014 or newer with manufacturer EPA compliance data provided
- Must include all parts/components
- We accept toilet seasonally (not during winter months)
- Toilets must be complete and clean with no chips or cracks
- Toilets must include a link for the tank
- We only accept low‐flow toilets — 1.6 gallons per flush (gpf) or lower
- We do not accept: toilets with a gpf higher than 1.6 or different colored toilets (white or bisque only)
- Most donations of roofing materials are accepted on a case‐by‐case basis, please call ahead
- Shingles must be in complete packages
- Metal roofing should be in full lengths
FLOORING AND TILE
- We accept vinyl and ceramic tile, unused and clean
- Wood flooring must be clean and free of nails or new
- Tile donations must be at least two boxes of matching tile
- We do not accept: rugs, carpeting or carpet remnants
- We accept double‐pane vinyl windows complete with window sashes
- Ask about donating appropriate window hardware
- We do not accept: single-pane windows, windows without frames, wood or aluminum windows
CLOTHING & FASHION ACCESSORIES
- Clothing and other cloth items are accepted and must be bagged. Please note that we do not sell these items to the public. We are fortunate to have a community partnership with USAgain Clothes Collection System and therefore we can accept your unused and unwanted clothing, shoes, fashion accessories as well as household linens
- We do not accept: Dishes, pots and pans, kitchen items, and miscellaneous household items
- We accept some sporting goods including bicycles, golf clubs and bags, and skis/snowboards.
- Camping/fishing gear is accepted on a case by case basis
- We do not accept: ski or snow boots, exercise equipment of any kind, or any helmets
- Décor items are accepted on a case by case basis and include decorating items like framed art, quilt racks, mirrors, lamps, etc
- We do not accept: any kind of window treatment, i.e. blinds, shades or curtains, or smaller décor items
VEHICLES –Cars, Trucks, Vans, and Motorcycles
If you are interested in donating a vehicle or have questions about available vehicles for purchase, please contact Vehicle Department Manager by e‐mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 970.488.2702
- Must have a clear title
- We prefer that the vehicles are brought to the store. We’ll give you a ride home!
- Must be in running condition or necessary repairs must be under $500
(If you’re not sure about the cost of your repairs give us a call first!)
ITEMS WE NEVER TAKE
- We cannot take mattresses and box springs (you can recycle them at Springback)
- Plates of glass
- Paint, primer, and stain
- Any household or construction chemicals
- Printers, scanners, fax machines, computers, box or tube TVs
- Exercise equipment
Thanks for helping us build houses by donating at: